Help me identify this rifle please!!!

holt2010

Hey guys i have a mauser that i cant find any information on. It says fuerzas armadas de venezuela and fab.nat. d'armes de guerre herstel-belgique on the receiver. Its a pretty short gun and it has a flat bolt handle.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 233
"Fuerzas Armadas de Venezuela" is Spanish for "Armed Forces of Venezuela".
Unfortunately yours like like "Bubba" got to it at some point, it should be stocked to the muzzle. I don't have my references handy, hazarding a guess (dangerous thing!) I'd say caliber is 7MM Mauser.

It is 7mm Mauser, thats the only thing i do know. Ive shot it and it shoots pretty good. I just wanna know what it is.:D

It used to be a Venezuelan army issue Mauser model 24/30 on the 1898 action as made by FN in Belgium. I can't tell the barrel length from the picture to say if it were a short rifle or a carbine.

Bubba cut the stock back and discarded the front band and bayonet lug.
If a short rifle, he bent the bolt handle down before hammering the knob flat, if a carbine, the bolt handle was already bent but he still mashed the knob flat to look like what he thought was a sporter style.

It is strictly a shooter, any collector interest or resale value is long gone.

Jim Watson said:
It is strictly a shooter, any collector interest or resale value is long gone.

Which is sad, because those Central American carbines are starting to bring real money. :o

I lucked into mine, and it's such a handy little thing as it came from the factory that when a friend (jokingly, I hope :o ) suggested "scouterizing" it, I wondered why anyone would bother.

Back