Help me id this shotgun

Georgiaboy

Inactive
I have this very old .410 single shot shotgun that my greatgrandfather bought when he was young, he said it would shoot regular .410 shells but it has a muzzleloader ram-rod up under it. To load it you have to pull the hammer back and lift the top of the breech,(is not the regular break open style shotgun), sorry i have no name or model number, the gun is in poor condition and i cannot find either.

It could be a Trapdoor forager shotgun. Though they are rather rare. As noted above, some photos would help.

I have been told that you can shoot a .44 from a .410 shotgun and I have seen a NEF model shotgun that they advertise you can shoot either a .45 or .410 from same gun (not sure if comes with separate barrels or not). just curious as to whether it is safe to shoot a .44 or .45 from a .410 shotgun.

No.
You would be squeezing a .430" or .452" bullet through a .410" barrel (then the choke) of a gun rated for about half the chamber pressure.

thanks for your help, I forgot to add that it has a flip up tang sight on top of it. hopefully tommorrow i will be able to post the name and model number if i am able to read them

Back