Help me get a grip!

Spectre

Staff Alumnus
I have just acquired my dream wheelgun, a pre-treason 3" 657.

The grips that came with her are nice, but too long. I purchased a set of Badger Dymondwood grips that I loved, but it turned out that they fit a square-butt N-frame (they look sweet on Spartacuses' 57 :(), and the Lew Horton I have is evidently a round butt. (Turned up some interesting sites when I searched for "round butt Smith grips" on the web! :eek: )

Suggestions for grips? I've seen several promising grips- such as the Ajax Polymer Ivory, or Bonded Ivory grips- advertised, but I could not find pictures of the grips. I have small hands, and want smaller grips for both concealment and better control while firing.

TIA! John

...also: this gun is likely to see double duty in the future as both a concealed and open carry piece in a wet and cold clime, so weather resistance is crucial.

(For those not up on S&W model numbers, the piece is a stainless .41 Magnum.)

Been there Dun That

Take the gun to your local gunshop and try a set, for FIT on Pachmyer "K" Frame Round But grips. If they fit then you can either buy them or you will have a guide as to what to look for.

I tried several grips on my 629 mountain gun and went back to the Hogues. I still have (I think) the ones I tried. Pachmeyers mostly, email me if you want to borrow'em..

Giz

N-FRAME SMITH STOCKS

FOR SMITH SIXGUNS THERE IS ONLY ONE CHOICE OF STOCKS, THE SKEETER SKELTON STYLE FROM BLU-MAGNUM IN COLO SPGS. THESE ARE AVAILABLE IN RB, SB, OR RB-TO-SB STYLE. I HAVE USED ALL THREE WITH EVERY SATISFACTION AND NEED ANOTHER PAIR FOR MY 4" M617 AS WE SPEAK.
ORDER THESE AS THIN AS POSSIBLE. IF YOU CAN SEE LIGHT THROUGH THEM THEY'RE JUST ABOUT RIGHT.
THANK YOU SKEETER WHERE EVER YOU ARE...

Thanks for the responses.

Walosi, I check Collins out last night, but didn't see what I was looking for.

Giz, check PM.

Back