Help me find a 4566 TSW Holster please!

Jhp147

I have a 4566TSW. Bought it used, no flames please. I need a mid-ride duty holster, the little rail on the bottom of the dustcover prevents it from using regular 4566 holsters. Safariland, Hume, and Bianchi all are washouts, along with DeSantis. Safariland said they don't make one and don't plan to, even though they make holsters to fit TSW 5906 and other TSW. Any help appreciated.

------------------
When the wicked spring as the grass, and when all the workers of iniquity do flourish; IT IS that they shall be destroyed forever...Psalms 92.7

jhp, I waited to answer this hoping someone would have a suggestion. But before it drops out of sight :(.........have you coonsidered looking for a custom leather maker in your area? Over the years I have had several guns that the main stream holster makers did not address. Beacause of that knowing a good holster maker can be invaluable. You might try looking in your local yellow pages under leather crafting supplies, contact the store and ask thme for a referel to a local leather crafter that makes holsters. Once you've found a good one you actualy start looking for weird guns just so you can have a new holster made. ;)

------------------
Gunslinger TFL Imperial Potentate

TFL End of Summer Meet, August 12th & 13th, 2000

Do you "need" or "want" a leather holster? You may want to look at Tupperware Holsters. IIRC someone around here makes (and probably for less then a custom leather one) those horrid things. :D (ps... Scott your up!)

------------------
Schmit
GySgt, USMC(Ret)
NRA Life, Lodge 1201-UOSSS
"Si vis Pacem Para Bellum"

Thanks for help, I have worn out my mouse pad looking the last couple of days. As far as need or want, it has to at least look like leather (not nylon type stuff) for uniform wear. Plenty of custom makers for CONCEALMENT rigs and I have bought two leather and a kydex rig that way. The problem is that it is for a uniform duty style holster, something like the Safariland Mdl. 200 or Bianchi 97A. This gun is newly released, guess I will be patient. Bianchi sounds like they will be my best bet. The lady there says it takes about a year for a holster company to gauge demand, get a sample or cast gun, and retool to make a little different style. Safariland "has no plans" to produce one for the 4566/63 TSW, even though they make holsters for the .40 and 9mm TSWs.
I did learn one important thing when surfing the internet for "leather." Some folks make some quite novel fashion and intimate wear from leather. Indeed, there seems to be a WHOLE HOBBY focusing on leather NOT used in firearms, but interpersonal relationships.... ;)

[This message has been edited by Jhp147 (edited June 04, 2000).]

Back