Help me decide.....

IMTHDUKE

Trying to decide between two options...that is the question. I am sure some one has a totally different set of options, but humor me and suppose these are the only two options.

The options are which grip on which gun. #1 is the original grips. On the Colt Defender is black CT grips. And a Dan Wesson ECO with original grips.

Now, #2 is reversed. Colt with the Dan Wesson grips and the Dan Wesson with the black CT grips.

Which of the two would look better to you? Resist the urge to tell me all the reasons you think both suck:) or that you prefer a skull and cross bones on all grips....that does not help nor address the question.
Thanks for your help:)

I'm the type that doesn't change grips on firearms from what it came with. Now that being said I would change grips if they were damaged or to make the firearm better for fitting my hands. The 2 options that you give both look good. I have a Colt Trooper Mk5 that I changed the grip on because the original ones got damaged. But I still have them. But what it really comes down to is what you like the best. After all you're going to be shooting the guns.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sell the CT grips and pick up another set of the black and white grips. Both guns look sweet with those on it. If I had to pick , I'd pick option one.

Thanks for the feed back, actually having looked at the DW grips I have decided I hate them:) They look too novel and jump out at you. So, I am looking to change those and maybe put CT Rosewood on.

Why go for flashy grip look when the firearm is for a flash out of its muzzle? The firearms look great without the pizzazz. Customization is for the onlooker and pride of ownership. I look for trust of the manufacture standard and judge the range as my emphasis.

Help me decide......

Help you decide what looks better to you? Sorry, but if you are asking us what you should like, you are buying grips for the wrong reason. Myself, would never consider the Zebra striped grips for anything as they are too loud for my taste, but that should not have anything to do with what you like.

I like the DW grips better on the Colt. I really don't like the black and white on the blued gun. The black CT grips look great on the blued gun (as would a nice set of rosewood or similar dark or reddish wood grips). The black and white on the blued gun looks terrible to me, but on the stainless the white seems a little more subtle and the black contrast with the stainless looks good so the combo is almost acceptable. Though, I'm with most who posted (including you the OP) that I'm not a big fan of the original DW grips on either gun.

Imo, both of them look better with the black grips. The zebra thing doesn't work for me. But the options were one or the other, so I'd go with pic 1.
BA

My personal opinion is , the wraparound grips are hideous on a 1911... the DW looks good tho...just a bit busy for my tastes tho

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Back