Help in replacing a front sight

70GTvert

Inactive
Tested out a new acquisition the other day, a FI model D .380. Nice firing and accurate, that is until the front sight vibrates itself out into a mess of dirt and months of spent shells never to be seen again. No problem, they are replaceable so I ordered a pair. Now my question is how do they mount to the slide? Are they soldered on? There is none showing in the slot now, just blued metal. In the center of the slot for the sight is a hole that goes through the slide, does it get peened down tight there? I'm kinda at a loss. Gorilla super glue may work for a while but I bet it would eventually break loose down the road using it too. Looking for any help on this. Thanks, John.

The front sight is supposed to be peened from underneath, using a goose-neck punch, though the barrel bushing hole. In other words, they are riveted in, and shouldn't come out. The rear, of course, sits in a dovetail, and drives in from right to left, when looking from the rear of the gun, or from the top of the slide, with the muzzle pointed up or away from you.

Back