Help, Identifying; RB molds

Pahoo

Since the early 80's, I have acquired about 30 different RB molds, mostly used. There are a couple that I need help on identifying the use/caliber. :confused:
They are .319 & .526. Have checked the new loading manuals and trying to locate my older manuals/charts. My new data is pretty much reduced to listing "one" caliber. For example, they only list .490 for a .50, when there are times, I load .495. ????

As usual, any and all help, is appreciated ...... :)

Be Safe !!!

I can relate a bit of info on the .526; mine's an old, iron Ideal mould (pre Lyman) and it's a fine thing indeed. If you've got one, keep it. It's a rather rare bird, kinda like hen's teeth (IMO). I looked a long time surfing the net to find one, which I did, and it's exactly what's needed for round ball usage in my old Santa Fe Hawken. It's a .53 cal. bore with nice deep cut rifling, and the .526 ball works great in it with a .010" pillow ticking patch.

And BTW, I understand Lee quit making their .527" r.b. mould, another good one gone. I got one a long time ago and use it for my Green Mountain barreled, .54 cal. flint Lancaster riflegun. Seems to shoot as good as a .530 ball but loads quite a bit easier. Like it!

Back