Help Identifying Old Rifle

james77382

Inactive
I need help identifying this old rifle my dad got it in the late 60s from a family member and he remebers it was old when he got it its a 7mm has a stamp of some sort on the barrel its a ball with a crown on top with a capital A in the middle above the bolt it has a crest with two olive branches on top and and the words fabtica eapmas or at least thats what it appears to say the words are long faded and has a capital L stamped below that and the serial starts with 2U and the rifle has a old leaf sight on it

Could Not Attach Images See Them Here

http://www.gunvaluesboard.com/i-nee...d-rifle-my-dad-got-it-in-the-...-1914714.html

It looks like a Spanish or South American Mauser model 1893 or 1895 but in a US commercial sporter stock. Very common in the 1950s and 1960s when surplus rifles were cheap.

You have what's referred to as a "sporterized military Mauser" - restocked, bolt handle altered, reblued, etc.

It was originally mde by FABRICA de ARMAS OVIEDO,ESPANA, a Manufacturer of Arms in Oviedo, Spain.

They were a major manufacturer of Mauser type rifles for the Spanish Military during the entire first half of the last century (1900-1951).

Your rifle is a Model 1893 Spamish Mauser, chambered in 7x57 (7mm) Mauser - an excellent/popular hunting cartridge.

Back