Help Identifying Mauser Action

ML41887

I've got a Mauser Action that was re-barreled by Century Arms. It's an ugly hunk of junk but shoots very well. Either way, I have it apart to put a new modest scope, that's easily exceeds the value of the rifle by 5x. I noticed the relief on the top of the action and couldn't read it or recognize it from any of the manufacturers that I've seen before. Any help would be appreciated. The most identifiable feature is a circle of stars, that reminds me of the Tennessee state flag.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-13 at 7.15.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-13 at 7.15.01 PM.png
    141.4 KB · Views: 81
@ tobnpr- You nailed it. Comparing to better examples of the 1908 and 1935 Brazilian, I'm confident that's what it is. Thank you.

@Mobuck- Thank you for the help, and yes, it is a .270.

I bought a lot of 10 blemished/incomplete.270 Win barreled actions from Century while I was still in the business. Using a large box of stripped bolts and a pile of surplus parts, I managed to make 9 working rifles from the 10 and kept an action with a bent barrel for myself.
The majority of those rifles were VZ 24 actions but there was maybe 1 or 2 that were Turk 98's with the small ring barrel threads and the handguard retainer on the front receiver ring.

Back