Help Identifying Derringers

Dragline45

Can anyone ID either of these derringers? A buddy sent them to me trying to help out his boss who inherited them so I figured I would post it here. I am trying to get more info or clearer pics of any markings on the gun but in the meantime maybe one of you guys could help.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG952057.jpg
    IMG952057.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 110
What are they marked? That should help ID. The small 4 barrel looks like one of the sharps made pistols but they have been copied. The other looks like a copy of the remington .41 2 shot.

Derringers

Top one is Sharps or clone, looks original from pics. Lower one is Rem 0/U
knock off. Should be enough information on guns to positively identify them.

I'm fairly certain the top one is a 4 Aces derringer, from what I read they are pretty collectible. I'm still waiting on my buddy to get back with more info on the markings.

The bottom gun is an inexpensive import, probably made from zinc alloy; they were imported by the same companies that brought in the RG-10 and other fine examples of European craftsmanship. If it works, it works, but it might not work for long, and don't use any "hot" loads.

The other looks old, but I think it, too, is modern. I am not intimately familiar with all the Sharps models, but I don't think that is one of them.

Jim

The top gun is an Erl Svendsen "4 Aces" in .22 short. They are much smaller than the Sharps they were copied from. The .22 short version is about the same size as an NAA .22 short mini revolver.

Attachments

• IMG_1795.JPG
    IMG_1795.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 18
The double Derringer seems to be a " Röhm RG17", RÖHM ist the right name,a german company.

This gun was chambered in .38spc,.22winmag,.22lr, 4mm rimfire, 4mm M20 and for Italy in 6mm flobert.
It was made as a blankgun in 9mmR too. The only difference are the barrels.
The Röhm derringer is now only as a blankgun made and available.
The modern design is different from the old models.

Back