Help Identifying a shot gun.

Brodieray

I have just bought an old Semi Auto 12ga and cant find any info on it.Has Revelation Automatic on one side and UFC Hialeh-florida 6 Bresca Italy on the other side says 12ga 2 3/4 model 2072 on the barrel. Only info I can find says they were made by mossberg for western auto but with this one saying Italy on it I dont think it was made by mossberg. The barrel springs inward when fired like a Franchi. Anyone have any info on this gun?

Attachments

• auto shotgun.jpg
    auto shotgun.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 77
This is one of my favorite games with shotgun collecting--I love trying to identify the brand-name counterpart of a gun like this. I'd say the reason nobody has helped identify this one so far is because the picture is pretty fuzzy and unclear. But the shape of it does kind of remind me of a Beretta A390 or something similar.

It looks like a Breda to me too, and I'm not where I can look up the Revelation makers at the moment. If I remember correctly, that was sold by Western Auto.

Update: I was wrong, as I couldn't see the photo good, but it is a Franchi 48-AL.

Last edited:
Unfortunately a " Store Brand or Trade Names " firearm is usually rated at 15 to 20 percent less than if it was sold under the makers name. To meet the stores pricing guide lines a lessor grade wood is used and less finishing is done on the interior parts. I don't know if this is true of all Store brand guns but the stigma is still there. It is listed at good at 300 in the current Catalog.

Back