Help Identify this German made .25!

"JJ"

My late Uncle had this .25 from back in the day. My aunt now keeps it has her HDW. It is in pretty bad shape, the pic is of the side with a grip on it!!:rolleyes: I was wanting to try to clean it up & maybe get her a grip. But I can't get a manufacturer.
The visable side of the slide reads "Made In Germany". The opposite side reads 25 caliber. There is a SR on the grip. The mag release is on the heal of the mag. I will try to get a better look at it next time I'm there. Maybe get serial #s, proof marks & so on.
Any ideas?:confused:
Thanks for any help.
"JJ"

Attachments

• German made .25 auto.jpg
    German made .25 auto.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 1,061
Last edited:
No! No! No! If it holds any value a restoration attempt would likely take it away! I will try to get some proof marks or any other id marks this week end!

Isn't this a Reck? I don't think they've got much value, if you pay $75 for one that's basically new, you're still paying more than you should.

Reck?

I have found a few pictures of a Reck 25 and none of them match my Uncle's gun. If you can point me towards a site with a pic that matches, that would be great.
I don't really expect this gun to be of great value. My main goal is to identify it, clean it & get a grip for it. Well maybe shoot at a few turtles with it!:D The gun will most likely remain with my Aunt, so this is just an attempt to make it function safely for her.

One of the names I think it was imported under is Hawes. If you look up Hawes, you'll find pistols that look exactly like yours, other than maybe with different grips.

For example, here's an old gunsamerica auction selling one off, they also give you a bit of history about the pistol in question:

http://www.gunsamerica.com/97877459...awes_25_Auto_Germany_1960s_Raven_Ancestor.htm

Here's a brief discussion at another forum about the pistol:

http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=70101

Raftman, I think that is the one. Top notch stuff!!:rolleyes:
Well, now I just need Grips & grip screws.
:confused:Anybody have any spares in thier gun room desk drawer?
Thanks for all the help folks!!;)
"JJ"

I have that exact pistol. It is a Geco .25. It is a nice pocket pistol but isn't very accurate. I shouldn't expect much out of such a short barrel.
I can carry that thing in the palm of my hand and it is nearly invisible.
Mine has quite a few stamps on it. I would love a 2nd magazine but have never found one.

Back