Help ID Pachmayr? Dragoon?

Jeff2855

Inactive
Can anyone help ID this Pachmayr? It looks similar to one for a Virginian Dragoon but not sure? The top looks different. The only markings inside are "2" and "X".
Any comments appreciated!

Attachments

• imageedit_3_9092586781.jpg
    imageedit_3_9092586781.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 167
  • imageedit_7_3293758150.jpg
    imageedit_7_3293758150.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 109
  • imageedit_5_8492084357.jpg
    imageedit_5_8492084357.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 92
You can't tell much about Pachmayr grips by just looking at 'em. They all look pretty much the same. Try asking Gunparts via their forum. They list 'em but as Not in stock. They maybe able to ID 'em though.
www.gunpartscorp.com/

Big spender

Can anyone help ID this Pachmayr?
I may not be saying this right ….. :rolleyes:

Have you opened it up and read what it says, on the inside surfaces ??? A few months ago, I picked up a set of Pachmayr grips for $1.00. The dealer stated that he did not knw what they fit. I opened them up like a clam and it said they were for a Smith Square butt. He said thanks and that I got a heck of a deal. I gave him $2.00 for them. I Know I can put them to good use. …. ;)

Be Safe !!!

Last edited:
Looking at the front, where the edge of the upright turns to fill in behind the trigger, that is very clearly a "V" shape angle. The same spot on Blackhawk grips is an "L" shape (90dregee angle).

Obviously for some Single action, but not the Ruger Blackhawk.

I'm told Pachmayr is still in business, why not call them??

They don't look like an DA Pachmayr grips I've ever seen, they are for some Single Action but its not Ruger, I have several of those and have already mentioned the difference between the posted pics and the grips I have.

Bisley

Ya know, the external appearance to me looks like the Ruger Bisley (?) grip as done on some of their SA a few years back.

If they are for a single action, it would almost certainly have to be a Bisley of some sort. They obviously aren't going to fit any Colt-like "plowhandle" single action grip frame.

I'm leaning towards the Casull now. I don't think they are Bisley just based on the logo position in relation to the screw.

Back