Help finding scope mount for 550-1

lukepop789

Inactive
I bought this Remington 550-1 at a local shop without a scope mount, as you can see holes have already been drilled and tapped for a scope mount but they are on the side. I am having trouble finding a mount that fits where these holes are drilled. Can anyone help me out? dimensions are, inside to inside hole 2 3/8, outside to outside 3 3/32, inside to outside of other side 2 23/32. all from center to center. This is my first time posting here so thanks for anyone who can help and hope this is in the right spot!
20160119_114210_zpskzc1cvd5.jpg

20160119_114231_zpsrsesxyyj.jpg

That looks to be a side mount made by Weaver. They made a good majority of the scope mounts for 22 rifles, for Winchester and Remington. I would look on Weavers website, and see if they have a side mount for that rifle.

Looks like Weaver does not make that base any more. You can get a generic 22 rifle base and have the receiver drilled and tapped to fit.

lukepop789, it is similar to that, but without seeing a drawing to check the hole spacing, I cant be sure. My guess is, that it will fit, but look at the comments about the drilled holes on Amazon. They said that the holes hadn't been countersunk on the mount. Of course, you can buy a countersink from many places, cheap, and do it with a drill, since that is aluminum. You just have to not countersink them too deep, or the screw might stick out into the inside of the receiver. The top of the screw head should be flush with the hole in the mount.

hmmm, Thanks for all the help! the dimensions between holes are in the original post. and I could probably just redrill holes in the base to mount on the holes already in the rifle. So I guess there are a few different sizes. I cant seem to find the difference between them

Back