Help changing springs on Taurus Poly Protector

jetinteriorguy

I just received a Taurus 605 Poly Protector as a replacement for an unrepairable Rossi that I returned for warranty. I like the gun, and while the trigger is nice and smooth it's just excessively heavy. I'd just like to swap the main spring for a lighter one but can't find any info on what springs will work. Wolff lists one for the standard 605 but they couldn't tell me if it is compatible with the Poly version. I've tried contacting Taurus but it seems no one there is capable of answering such a simple question and I've given up on them as well. Hoping someone here can help. Thanks, Les.

I am aware of the Wolff shooters pack, but they can't tell me if it works in the 605 Poly Protector. And I contacted Taurus three times and nobody could answer a simple question if the Poly Protector uses the same springs as the steel 605. I would guess they are probably be the same, and as cheap as they are I might just give it a try. Just wondering if maybe here could verify this before I order them. Or if some other company makes reduced power springs specifically for the Poly Protector.

Back