Help buying a Rem 700 action???

T-CAIN

Im havng trouble finding somewhere to buy a Rem 700 action. Does anybody have any info on where you can buy them. Or do you have to buy an old gun just for the action. Thank you.

I frequently find used rifles at pawn shops that are priced less than the action is worth by itself. If I were to build a rifle that is where I would start. Have you tried direct with remington or their custom shop.

Last edited:
Best bet is to find a donor rifle action. After removing the stock and barrel and reselling them you can get into the action cheap

Yea I figured after searching on the web for awhile and not finding any that they were hard to come by. I Guess buying a cheap used rifle is the way to go. Thank you all for your advice.

There is a Rem 700 long-action on Gunbroker right that is listed as having a badly pitted barrel that needs replacing. It looks like it would make a dandy donor action.

I bought a Rem 700 LH -06 for under $350 at a pawn shop. This is a project rifle for me , I might salt it away for two or three years before a rebarrel.

Back