HELP! Another novice question.

vega

Season's greetings. I am considering to buy a 9mm but can't afford a beretta or glock. How about a Taurus or Tanfoglio? I've been at the range and they don't carry these models. I own a Bersa in 380 cal and its ok but I would prefer a different model. All suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

vega

Ruger P95.... less than $350.

Reliable as a stone axe and accurate.

Low on funds??? Ruger has your gun.

------------------
"No provision in our Constitution ought to be dearer to man than that which protects the rights of conscience against the enterprises of the civil authority" - Thomas Jefferson

I tried firing a Taurus PT 915. Nice gun. Good company. Can't go wrong. If you do get one I would just like to say a good freind of mine also has a Bersa .380 and just bought his second gun- the Taurus. Merry Christmas!

------------------
RONIN - samurai with no masters

In 8 years I have only had one malfunction in my taurus pt-99 and that was due to a bad reload. Although the cz's are great guns also and the ruger's function well, the taurus have a lifetime guarentee with great service from the co.

Taurus PT-99 I had one for about three years and never had any problems period. I recently sold it.

------------------
Give me liberty or give me death !!

Stay alive, shoot a .45 !!

All of the barnds mentioned will make fine defense tools. Consider also a good used pistol. Sometimes you can find real bargains if you take your time. Don't let the heat of the moment lead to a rash purchase.

------------------
So many pistols, so little money.

Thanks for the views guys. I went around four gun stores this afternoon. So far a different model attracted my attention. An Armscor 1911 in 9mm. This is the latest model of this company. I think I'm going to try this pistol. Some local gunners do have positive comments on this one.

HS - I did ask you this question before. I asked Armscor if they produce the Charles Daly for export and the reply was in limited quantity only.

Thanks again guy.

vega

Vega,

Are you in SA? If so I'd consider a CZ75, Tanfoglio or Jericho. They're all top notch. What about some home growns like the RAP or Beretta 92FS clone?

------------------
So many pistols, so little money.

Since you don't mind clones, how about a DAC-394? They are a SIG P228 clone and are available from SOG for $250. The REAL CZ-75 should be considered also as it is not an expensive gun.

CZ for me. Ruger only if it's the newer, slimmer P94 or P95 series. I've got the P85 and while it works (and is accurate), I hate the way it looks.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Actually I dont have an idea of what to buy. First, I just want to buy a 9mm. The more I visit different gunshops the more I get confused.

Tecolote - Thanks for the advice. I doused some ice on the heat of the moment.
4V50 Gary- I also hate the way it looks.

Vega, save up your money and buy a Glock.
I'm sure all the pistols you named are OK
but having owned a two Glocks(G23 & G27) for a couple years, I cant believe the out of the box performance from these pistols. You will not be sorry. dk

Best for the money: CZ75 or Ruger P95.

Either of those would be an outstanding choice, IMO.

I work part-time in a gun store, and we sell the crap out of the P95. Never heard a bad word come back to us. One of my coworkers is a retired SEAL, and the first weapon he reaches for when someone says "inexpensive 9mm" is that P95.

FWIW

Find a range that rents the guns you are considering, and try shooting them. That should help you narrow your choices.

I don't know what state you are in but you should be able to get a P-95 for under $300.
As for glock, good gun, but I sure am hearing some bad things about glocks political ways. I'll never buy a damn thing from Colt for their assinine policies, and maybe Glock.

------------------
From my cold dead hands.

Vega,

Are you only considering automatic pistols? If not, a good Ruger or Smith .357 magnum revolver may be a cheaper, higher-quality alternative. An additional advantage is ammunition flexibility, because you'll be able to use the complete range of .38 Special and .357 magnum loads. That provides a lot of options, from cheap .38 Special ball ammo for target/range shooting and plinking to .357 HydraShok (and similar top-tier rounds) for personal defense.

Although I prefer semiautomatics, this alternative might possibly solve your problem. Happy holidays.

SAVE and get a REAL gun. You won't regret it.

Think about it. Say you wait and save 500.00 for a nice Glock or Beretta, you will be happy as a pig in s**t.

Say you go out and buy 2 cheaper guns, you will always be thinking about how much you want the nicer guns.

Remember, you should make the right choices and KEEP ALL of your guns, unless you are finniky.

FJC

------------------
Go get me my gun, it's the one that says "Bad MOTHERF****R"

Back