HELP!!! AN-PVS-4 (night vision scope)

paltik

pls. help me with my AN-PVS-4 scope, a friend of mine gave this to me a gift but he lost the manual, i mounted it on my m16,
but i dont know how it function, im afraid i might damage it,if i just use it...
pls. help!!
Thanks a lot!!!

------------------
REY MARIANO

Don't you have to have the special goggles to see with it? Sorry, I can't help you. Try the snipercountry site if you don't get an answer here soon.

The Scope is pretty easy to use. Dont be afraid of it. Open up the battery compartment, put in a new battery. Turn the lights down take off the cover. and turn it on. It will take a few seconds to warm up.
Careful with lights. The scope doesn't like them. I burned one scope out while shooting sustained full auto fire into an objective once. It was turned into the quartermaster and he sent it off for repairs, I dont know who much that would cost you.
The aiming rectical is 3 dots in a triangle. Your rounds should hit near the center of those dots. It is not a very acurate scope - due to it's height over the bore.

------------------
Kodiac
Kenetic Defense Institute
kodiac@hotbot.com

[This message has been edited by Kodiac (edited 12-23-98).]

That is a popular scope, several vendors in the U.S. market it Hitek intl., etc. Look in the back of any gun magazine and you should find vendors also do a search on the net. Do not use it outdoors without the pinhole cap! Good luck happy shooting!

Back