HELLO!!........

Beagle333

HELLO!...... HELLO..... Hello!...... Hello...... hello......hello....

Anybody still in here?!?:confused: What a quiet place.
popcorn.gif
This month is more than half over and we've had one post with zero replies.

I have been loading and coating and loading and coating and so now I'm almost out of raw lead bullets and so once again.... It's casting day!!!
rock.gif

I need a few .38s, some big meplat .44s and some big HPs for my .480 Ruger.
It's 48° out there this morning and that means the skeeters will be moving slowly, so it should be a fun casting session! Fire up the pots and let's get some lead drippin'!!!
viking.gif

Here are the .480 Rugers in the middle, just to show size. The ones on the left are 265gr .44 bullets and the blue ones are 45-270 SAA bullets. I'm pretty impressed with the .480s. They are 385gr as HP's. :)

10-17-15%20007_zpsb3vdc4iz.jpg

10-17-15%20003_zps2rb414yv.jpg

Those look good.
I'm slowly moving in the casting powder coating direction
For 38, both 148&158 gr, 9/38 super, 45, both 200 and heavier, and 308

Just not there yet.

Casted some RCBS .321 heeled bullets for a Martini Cadet, in 32-20.

Learning a whole lot here.

Glad to see you're still at it Beagle.

Still around still casting and loading.

Been working on cast loads for my Tokarev.

100_9856_zpslrakop2z.jpg

Have been doing a little bit of mining.

While changing the backer board of my Bullet trap. I shovel a good amount out the hole onto the ground.

100_9832_zpsylbfyijm.jpg

Then shovel it back into the trap through a sifter.

100_9833_zpsu1egqine.jpg

I love collecting my own bullets. Sure cuts into the reloading costs.

100_9835_zpsdahwcuni.jpg

And you got free flux with all those wood splinters in there!

Thats for sure.:D

Ya know, I did not think I shot that much... Guess I do. That's a whole bunch of bullets in that bucket and all of them are from my guns.
And thats mostly just the pistol loads. I have shot at least that many rifle loads. They are deeper in the trap waiting for me to get motivated.

yup I will be working on that tomorrow. need to get my hunting load sighted in for my AR10 and get a scope on my Savage model 11 in 7mm-08 that my son wants to use.

It's hunting season in about 30% of the U.S.

Yep I have been preoccupied trying to get ready before season, and now hunting with my bow. I got a nice doe Saturday morning, so not off to a bad start.

Almost got a nice boar hog on Friday morning that my dog hemmed up under some thick brush, but when I moved right to get a clear shot it went left, and that was that. Sure would have been nice to have put one of those MP 412640's through the shoulders to see how they do.

Yesterday while we were down in the pasture the dog disappeared, and when we got up to the house he had his own pig of about 5lbs, well what was left of it. It would have been a real good one to just skin and split over the pit if I had been there in time to save it from his wrath.

I know where he went so maybe next weekend I will be able to get in on some of it as well. Hope to put another nice doe in the freezer as well before the youth season weekend after next. Then I can concentrate on looking for a swamp monster, or a nice buck with my pistolas.

I have plenty poured and loaded just need to put them through some "real" field testing...;)

I took the whole two weeks off for hunting. it was there so i took it.:cool:

One of the days I will take out the Big Whacker. Rossi Wizard in 45-70 and these Buck whoopers.

100_9682_zpsb70d97b4.jpg

Yep I have been preoccupied trying to get ready before season, and now hunting with my bow. I got a nice doe Saturday morning, so not off to a bad start.
I never really got ready.
I was busy with other things and the season just snuck up on me. I literally just grabbed the hunting gear as I left it last year, checked for the essentials, and loaded it up (to be sorted later, when I had some time in camp).

So far, the seasons are off to a pretty rough start.
Muzzle loader deer season (Utah) did net one small buck for one of my nephews and some missed/failed opportunities for other nieces/nephews.

But 'any weapon' elk season (Utah) was a complete bust. Throughout the state, hunters were seeing almost nothing. So far this year (the entire year), I have not seen a single live elk or an elk taken by a hunter. And one of my brothers has spent nearly 3 weeks in the mountains over the last month, having seen only one solitary elk. It's just too hot and too dry; yet there's still just enough feed and water up high that the animals are scattered.

Utah 'any weapon' deer just opened, and I'm probably already done. For opening day, I was in the wrong place (by about 3 miles). Though the deer are doing well, there's still something odd about their location and movement patterns. I blame the ridiculously hot and dry weather, again. Regardless.... a family member that had planned to stick with me for 4 days decided he'd bail out the morning after opening day. Being an area that I won't hunt alone, I came home.

Idaho 'any weapon' deer is coming to a close, but I'm headed out tomorrow and maybe later in the week, to see if I can make something out of the time that's left.

And, this coming Sunday, Idaho general season antlerless elk opens. I'll take a cow or a calf - I'm not picky - so my odds are better than the guys that have been chasing after big bulls for the last few weeks. That's a reasonably long season, running until Nov 15. And if that doesn't work out, the muzzle loader season runs for the entirety of December...

Thinking about it, I just realized that the only cast bullets I'm using this year are the 310 gr WFNs that will come out for elk season in my .44 Mag. ...Unless I pull out one of the .444 Marlins and use some of my swaged bullets (cast .411" 295 gr SWC for the core).

Got my .480 Ruger! So here's the two guns I'm going to be blasting those big blue bullets in. The 7.5" .45 on top and the .480 Ruger on the bottom. You can tell that the barrel is quite a bit meatier than the .45 :)

10-29-15%20026_zpsj6vkibmk.jpg

Got my .480 Ruger! So here's the two guns I'm going to be blasting those big blue bullets in. The 7.5" .45 on top and the .480 Ruger on the bottom. You can tell that the barrel is quite a bit meatier than the .45
I'm jealous (except for the Bisley grip).
I've been wanting a .480 Ruger single action for a while, now.
Though, the more I think about it, the more the Super Redhawk makes sense for me.

Either way... :mad:

:D

Back