Hello again!

Preacherman

Well, having made the last post in Hunting before the TFL shutdown, I guess I can make the first one now that it's back up again! :D

Welcome back, huntin' buddies!

Hi Preacherman

I am not a former TFLer, but I am a current THRer and look forward to participating here as well. :)

Michael (aka MaterDei)

Good to see you made it Peter .. how's that back of yours?

Michael ... oh heck .. how am I gonna remember you are now ''Torch'' ..... so confusing! :p

Sorry for the confusion, Chris. When I signed up for THR I didn't think I'd stick around long so I used the screen name that I kind of use as a default. Mostly because it is Latin and I never get the "that name is already taken" message. :) Little did I know that I would become obsessed (in a good way, of course)...

My nickname in the Army was Torch and it really fits the spirit of these forums better.

Tell you what, just keep calling me Michael. :cool:

Hey Guys -

Good to "see" again. For whatever reason, this is the first section I hit upon return to TFL.

And to keep it "hunting" oriented ;) , a quick story about the soon-to-be-16-year old son and his baseball buddies on team I'm coachin'.

They decided they want to have a "team campout" in woods back behind our gun range one night just after school is out next week. Bring tents, build a campfire, roast marshmellow, etc. I told 'em to go for it, but that I'm sleeping in the office or on the couch on the porch. The old man here is not about to sleep in another dadgum tent unless there is at least one critter to be shot at sunrise! :D

Thanks Preacherman for breaking the ice. I know that Carlyle and Al would want us to jump in with both feet.

Remind me to tell you the one about the HUGE whitetail that walked into the thicket.

Hey gang!

I got a Hunting Experience if you are interested. It occurs indoors, involves flying things and furry critters. I'm "equipped" with a CCW and lever action 30-30.

Well it beat the heck out of what I thought I was going to do that evening. :D

Hey Chris,
I have it on Word, just need to edit.
Recent event, but school was "hectic" so just put in type in a hurry.

After reading BluesBear "lead ins" on Nighcrawlers newest work...I want a lead in. :p

One interesting comment made by another present - "well looks like a low 5 to me...focus on target and let that 30-30 fly...lead would be same wouldn't it?" :eek: :D

I was just going to give a good ol' THR howdy to all the folks here. I'm not a former TFL user, but I love THR and will probably spend as much time here as I do there.

Back