Heinie specialty products

Dave AA

Any opinions on the "Straight Eight" sights? And I ran across a discussion board where Richard Heinie was a moderator, but forgot where it was. Want the sights, leery of sending my Glock anywhere. (also want extended slide release and new guide rod, any suggestions?)

Richard Heinie is a moderator of the Pistolsmithing Forum at www.gunspot.com

As far as his sights - I have his Slant Pro's on my Glock 22. They are a quality product, and easy to install on a Glock (did my own with a brass drift, Loctite and needle nose pliers). The front sight does have a 3/16" hex head screw to retain it, which requires a very thin tool to reach down into the slide to tighten it. Since I didn't have one, I used a pencil magnet to start the screw in the threads, then the needle nose pliers to CAREFULLY grab two flats of the head and tighten securely. It worked for me. Hope that helps.

------------------
Regards - AZFred

Dave, you have nothing to worry about sending anything to Richard Heinie. I had his SlantPro Straight Eights intalled on my Kimber Classic. They are great. As far as I am concerned they are the best fixed sights you can put on a gun.

If you have any questions about sending them your slide and having them install the sights, or having them just send you the sights, call them. Sarah is the person who will have all the details you need. And do not drool on the phone, I have been told she is better looking than she sounds, and she sounds .... sigh, oh well, you know what I mean. :)

Back