Heinie sights for Glock

Futo Inu

I was going to order some slant pros, and the Heinie website says "Easy Installation; No Gunsmithing".

Does that mean "no gunsmithing as long as you also order the $23.00 Glock front sight tool" they sell? If so, seems to me the sights cost too much, all tolled.

Sneaky.
Kinda like a "universal" whatever. Fits all models as long as you have a complete machine shop.

Sam

You can just ship your slide to Mr. Heinie and he will install them in one day, then ship back to you next day air.

I did that this past week with my Kimber slide. Shipped it off Friday morning. He got it Tuesday, shipped it out Wednesday, and I got it back Thursday.

I think his price is quite fair when all is considered-the sights, professional installation, return air shipping.

Just an idea!

You don't need a gunsmith, but you will need a rear sight pusher and a nut driver for the front.

Yeah, the send-it-in price for the installation is not bad or unreasonable, considering the return shipping and all. I just don't want to pay the xtra - however, it does fit my situation. I do have a little cyndrilical (sp?) wrench for AO Express front sights, for the little hexagonal bolt top - is the Heinie the same, you think? No, I don't have any friends with lots of gun tools, other than gunsmiths, who for some reason like to charge for their services. :)

Actually, truth be told, I just ordered the HIVIS front sight - that thing is cool, and only $25. Gonna use the stock plastic "U" notch Glock rear with it, for now. Should work fine. No mention from Top Glock website whether the HIVIS needs a special tool - I'll find out when I get it - prolly pretty wise of them not to mention this until after the sale is made, actually. :) I can drift the rears with just a hammer, punch, and a small plastic or wood buffer piece myself. No tritium, so no need to handle with kid gloves.

Sam: "Sneaky.
Kinda like a "universal" whatever. Fits all models as long as you have a complete machine shop."

LMBO!

Last edited:
Back