Heckler and Koch SL-8, is it worth the wait or what?

pete80

I have not heard too much about this gun but the price the local dealers are listing it under seem crazy! They are asking $1700 for a rifle that is post-ban, can't accept any grandfathered magazines not to mention the fact that it's white/gray furniture is ugly. But, does it shoot worth a crap? Any insite or feedback is and will be appreciated!

In my opinion the gun is overpriced. why pay all that money for a post ban gun that cant even except hi-caps?.I personally feel the gray/white stock is hideous looking. The one sl-8 I held felt cheap to me.

It probably is a great shooting rifle,but to me its not woth the money. I will take a bushmaster,Armalite or colt over it any day

I agree. I checked one out at a local shop and was completely disapointed. There is so much plastic on that rifle, I'd be affraid to leave it in the trunk of my car on a hot day, for fear of warping it. I can think of better things to do with $1800.

Chuck

I agree the cost is steep, however there isn't much more "plastic" on the SL-8 than you will find on an AR15. As far as the magazine restriction goes, those who voted for Clinton don't seem to mind. If you have a problem with this issue (as I'm sure we all do) then get off your butt and contact every city, state and federal representative you have (until said rep. thinks his phone is a hotline to your house) and make something change.
As for the HK SL-8, I would love to own one, ten round magazine and all. :)
I will now dismount my soapbox and return you to your regularly scheduled TFL. ;)

------------------
May your lead always hit center mass and your brass always land in your range bag.

~Blades~

I think it's pretty cool all around. I don't think it's $1800 cool though. The grey plastic stock doesn't bother me in the least. Anybody notice that the magazine well appears to be modular and therefore removeable/replaceable?

For that price though, I would be looking for an HK-91 or a sweet FAL. Even the M96 Expeditionary Rifle would tend to rise above the SL-8 in my opinion.

Back