Headstamp info help

Aethir

Inactive
Greets, O knowledgable ones!

I was going through some of my assorted cartridges yesterday, trying to shed some light on a few of the oddments, and I've come across a couple of headstamps I'd like to know a bit more about...

1. marked W.R.A. Co .32S&W. with slightly rounded 'W' stamp copper primer and plain lead round-nose bullet
From what I've read it's a fairly early smokeless load; is there a way to date it any more accurately than this?

2. marked S&B .303Br 86 - FMJ, primer shows red laquer
I know it's a Sellier&Bellot, but is it civilian or military issue?

3. marked MF 74 9mm2z - FMJ, primer has faint purple laquer around recess
Research indicates it as manufactured by "Small Arms Ammunition Factory No. 1 Footscray, Australia" - is this correct? And can anyone explain what the 2z signifies?

4. marked B.F.L. 7.65mm - semi-jacketed hollowpoint w/ nickelplated primer
I think it's a Bristol Flare Corp. manufacture, but I can't find anything definitive; can anyone confirm/dispel this? (I also have a .45ACP and a stack of "9mm Luger" with the same abbreviation)

Your help in filling the gaps in my history notes is be greatly appreciated :)

No. 1 should have been loaded prior to 1923, going by the primer style.
No. 2 is a more "generic" headstamp, but was likely loaded for commercial (civilian) sales.
No. 3 is Australian. and the "2Z" shows that this was loaded with one of the early forms of flake nitrocellulose powder, instead of cordite.
No. 4 is almost certainly marked as "G.F.L", loaded by Fiocchi.

You're right, it's a G not a B.
I went through the whole stack (about 20 in total) and finally found one with a nice clear stamp, where you can actually make out the lettering. Also found a '92 WCC NATO with a really badly formed primer pocket...

Thanks much for the info! It's always nice to know a bit more about one's collection :)

Back