Heads up on some great SAK deals....

Guyon

In the latest catalog, Smoky Mountain Knife Works has a number of Wenger SAKs in different, discontinued models--all less than $10. These are reduced anywhere from $12 to $20 off normal prices. I ordered eleven last night (many for Xmas gifts). Three are for me to play with though. All feature Advantage Timber or Realtree Hardwoods camo scales. The three models I ordered are the Serrated Teton ($9.99), the Alpine Backpacker ($8.99), and the Highlander ($7.99). Check them out. They also have the Century (single blade for $8.99) and the little Esquire ($4.99).

Website is www.eknifeworks.com Do a search for "Wenger".

That serrated Teton will shortly be filling a previously empty spot on my key ring. :)

Thanks for the excellent heads-up, Guyon!

-Parke1

Got the order today. These are some really nice, compact designs. Dull out of the box, but they took a nice edge after just a little bit of touching up.

My Teton SAK should be arriving here today. I already constantly carry a Benchmade 910 Stryker, but there are several occasions when I need to, say, cut open a box or something and I'm not really comfortable bringing out the big, scary-looking Benchmade. ;) College will do that, I guess.

Thanks again for the notice of these great deals!

-Parke1

That serrated Teton is a nice design in that it has a large serrated blade and a smaller plain edge that would be perfect for opening boxes without scaring the sheeple.

The serrated blade was pretty dull, but a few runs on the corners of my Spyderco rods (on a Sharpmaker sharpener) put some bite into their teeth.

By the way Parke1, I like Benchmades too. I have two, and I just ordered a third from a seller on Bladeforums.

I've found that the little McHenry & Williams 705 is a great knife for carry where you don't want to scare folks. It features 154CM steel (ATS-34 basically), G-10 scales, and an Axis lock. I love the Axis lock!

Back