HD load for Apartment in my Rem 870??

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigMike

I currently live in an apartment, surrounded with other apartments above, below and to both sides of where I am at(plum in the middle). The apartment is fairly large, but if TSHTF I would not be engaging any one beyond 15 feet, at the most. I am conscious of my surroundings, and worry about serious over penetration where I am at. So, I currently have No.6 shot in my Rem 870 HD, having taken the advice of my friend who is a retired LEO. He concern, as was mine of over penetration of the 00 or 1 shot in the apartment.

Any thoughts as to the wisdom of this load in an apartment? Thanks, Mike

I wouldn't go any biger than the #6 you're using for the reason of overpenetration.

AT that short range, essentially it's going to act like one single projectile.

CMOS

------------------
GOA, TSRA, LEAA, NRA, SAF and I vote!

Depends on how worried you are with being in court defending why you shot the perpetrator. If hamstrung by today's litigatory environment, then a normal "field" 20 gauge loaded with #6 that you normally use for birds or rabbits. If its a urban meltdown or TSHTF situation where litigation is secondary to survival, then a 12 gauge high-capacity pump loaded with #4 buck backed up with 00 buck. Personally, I have both. The old Mossberg 20 gauge that I used to hunt small game with since age 12 (nearly 40 years ago) AND a 12 gauge riot gun which is anything but politically correct and with which the prosecutor would clean my clock with.

BigMike,

What CMOS said. But you never know what will happen so I also keep slugs handy.

Shok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back