Hawes revolver

tchandler

Inactive
I recently bought a .357 revolver. The company name on the barrel is Hawes made in Germany. Anyone that might have info on this gun I would enjoy learning more or even getting some kind of owner manual. I really like the gun and it seems to be of reasonably good quality.

thanks guys for the response. one thing that is different from a colt is the firing pin. it also has a 4 position hammer. the first brings it off of the firing pin, the second is half cock cylinder turns, the third, is half cock cylinder locked, the fourth is full cock. Do you guys think it is safe to carry it with a fully loaded cylinder

thanks againg

[This message has been edited by tchandler (edited November 27, 1999).]

I purchased a Hawes single action revolver in 44mag back in 1964. I believe that Hawes is the importer and the gun is made by Sauer and Sohn of [at that time] West Germany. The revolver is indeed well made and has lasted well for me. My wife uses it as her CAS revolver. My gunsmith has examined it and pronounced it, "a solid sixgun". Best of luck with yours. Quantrill

Hi guys,

That Hawes is a SAA clone, so any books on the Colt Single Action will apply to tht gun as well. As I recall, they were OK, probably the best of the foreign SAs available at that time.

Jim

Back