Hawes .25 Caliber Semi-auto

holysmoke

Inactive
Help! I have a .25 caliber Hawes semi-auto that I have had for probably 30 years. I hadn't shot it in probably 25 years until a few days ago when I took it to the range just to see if it would still shoot. IT DID!!!

Problem is that it fails to eject every three or four rounds. I am thinking that all it may need is a good cleaning. It also fails to feed ocassionally. Hoping that a good cleaning might also help that problem.

My issue is that for the life of me I cannot figure out how to "field-strip" the little gun. I WOULD BE MUCH OBLIGED FOR ANY HELP YOU COULD GIVE ME IN GETTING IT APART!

By the way, the markings on the left side of the slide are: HAWES FIREARMS COMPANY--L.A. CALIF. MADE IN GERMANY. On the right side of the slide the only markings are: Cal. .25 Auto

:) If it worked when you put it away, why are you surprised it works now:o. I believe your little 25 is a Reck P-8, also marketed under the name L A Fury and Chicago Cub. Importation stoped with the 1968 " Saturday night Special Law " that forbid the importation of small cheap { and a few very good ones } hand guns. Take down, don't know, however all I would do is spray it out with gun scrubber, a little oil and make sure the chamber { and magazine } is clean.

Back