have you HP'd your own mold?

skizzums

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...ing-Your-Own-Mold-without-a-Full-Machine-Shop

I was picking through a couple ideas from forums, ad really wanna give it a whirl. I have a mill and a lathe and don't think it'd be too much of a pain. I would like to hear some feedback on who has done it, and what your results were, and are there any other pointers I need to know before starting(besides using a mold I could care less about). my goal is to do a lee 124 TC 9mm, and the lee 230gr 300BLK on one side. it looks like a lot of fun and a huge $$ saver

pics pleeeez

Well I haven't done the mold, but I have built a pin for one that already was.

That said if I had a lathe and mill, well I would probably have done a ton of things. As it is I only have a drill press, a couple of carbide tool bits I use from time to time in my makeshift tool holder, (vice and support blocks) C-clamped to my press table.

I am however pretty handy with a mill file and hack saw so that helps as well. I managed to fabricate a decent enough looking brass and aluminum trigger guard for an older M77 Ruger I have, but once I found a steel replacement I swapped it back out.

IF you have the tools pick out a cheap mold and give it a try. The worst you have to loose is a little time and whatever you have in the mold.

well I will definitely give it a try. I have a couple 358s that I really don't use, ill try em out for practice, honestly though, it will likely be a couple months before I get to it

Back