Have you guys shot any of these ?

Big Ken

I shot some ammo today that I haven't seen before, in my 1991A1. They are made by Winchester, called "Winclean" these are enclosed almost entirely by brass except the tip of the lead nose, suppose to be a cleaner shooting (less lead in the air) They shot fine but seemed like my barrel was twice as hard to clean afterwards, think I can still see some brass streaks in there. Just wonderin if I'm the only one shootin these things ?

I tried the 9mm ammo in my glock. That sh** wouldn't feed properly! I then tried it in my taurus, my BDM, and my firestar. All jammed at least once in 20 rounds!!! I won't ever touch it again!

I believe I shot 2 boxes of that stuff in .40 in my G23 at some point- no problems.

Since you don't have to clean Glocks :rolleyes: I don't know if it left brass fouling in the barrel (actually, I don't remember).

Kurt

I have shot about 200-300 rounds of it through my G26 and my Browning High Power. I didn't have any problems, shot fine.
Daddycat

Had the same problem...

With the brass streaks. I shoot it in both my .45's and they both seem to have more buildup in the barrels after shooting which requires some major brushing. On the other hand, the slide and insides of the pistol seems to have alot less residue and require very little cleaning as opposed to the standard Remington or Winchester ball ammo I usually shoot.

Unless you're trying to get groups smaller than 1/2 inch at 100 yards, you really don't need to remove *all* of the jacket fouling from the barrel.

If you're really motivated, attack it with Sweet's 7.62 solvent once a year. Or buy an Outer's Foul Out.

Jacket fouling has to get really bad and lumpy before it will noticeably degrade your accuracy. Lead is a different story. It's already lumpy.

I notice that any time I use Winchester ammo in any of my guns(.357 revolver, 1911, or 9mm) it is dirtier than the remington, federal, PMC or Blazer ammo. I wonder if it's something that is in the powder?

I appreciate the replies , these rounds shot fine just not too enthused about the brass streaks, no real complaints but will probably stick with regular fmj for target shooting.

Back