Have you ever heard about the Reck?

BrunoNorway

I have posted this thread before on the revolver forum, but didnt get any smarter...

I am wondering if any of you heard about a revolver caled Reck...
I have one after my father whos to old to keep it for himself, so i have it now...
its full name is "Reck duble-action model r15 38 spezial", it is prodused in West-Germany
so i guess it was made betven 1949 and 1990. my father told me once that its built on the same consept as a smith and wesson, and it looks realy like a smith and wesson also.

i guess this is the place to look for info.

Karl Arndt Reck Sportwaffenfabrik of Lauf bei Nürnberg. The company was absorbed by a sporting goods conglomerate in the 1970s and now operates as the Reck Division of Umarex Sportwaffen, Arnsberg, making only starting and similar pistols. They don't appear to have been very high quality.

reck

Hi Bruno

I bought one of the Reck revolvers in the 70's in 357 cal.I fired it a few times and I was uneasy concerning the quality of the gun. As I recall the price was only around 125.00.What did I expect? Anyway I was working in Pasadena Ca. at the time and I put it in a foundation ditch and poured concrete over it.Every year when the Rose parade is on TV I remember that Reck pistol. May it rest in peace and never harm anyone.

Samco

samco

hehe... thats probertly a urban legend among the lokal gangsters there...
"the concrete reck"

were you worried that the reck aws going to hurt you, or other people.
i can understand what you say about quality, my reck is littraly faling apart...
it shoots okay though, at least intill i tried to be a gunsmith on it, i will try to smith it some more...:D

its a gun i got from my father and he got it from some other guy, long time ago, for some fire wood, so its more than a piece of metal...
i will probertly give it to my son (or daughter), when i get one, and tell him the story about the "family reck":)

i guess i cant get parts for it any more then...:(

I always noticed on an exploded view, how much the Reck .25(6.35) automatic pistol resembles a Raven .25 auto! Wonder if Reck used Zinc, also!

Back