Have questions about hi-cap mags for 92FS...

art g

I ordered a new 92FS from my local gun shop that should be here in a couple of days. My next good fortune is that a gun show is coming to Charlotte, NC (right up the road a piece) this weekend so I thought I would go and try to locate a couple of hi-cap mags. I am really hoping to find some brand new 15 rd. Beretta factory mags. Are they available? Also, what should I be looking for to make sure that I indeed am buying new Beretta pre ban mags (markings, construction, packaging etc). What should I expect to pay? Should I consider used or aftermarket manufactured mags? Sorry about all the questions but any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Art G.

Can't help with the advice on NEW hi-caps but my Beretta mod 92FS hi-caps are stamped with "PB Cal 9 Para Made In U.S.A." or "PB Cal 9 Para Made In Italy". Look for Mec-Gars also. IMO, there're the finest after-market hi-caps. I had two 17 rounders that worked great and fit flush at the bottom. If you don't have any luck at the gunshow check back with us and I'll supply some websites. Good Luck, J. Parker

as said above only buy factory Beretta mags or Mecgars. New 15rd mags are still available but they cost more. try to find mags in good condition and you shouldn't have to pay over $50 for them. both US and Italian mags work fine.

art, I just emailed you a source in NC that has hi caps for sale. Most of them are brand new, and from the factory.

Art. If you have a hard time finding factory or mec-gars email me. im 3 min from a great shop with great prices.

By the way. Im 45 min from charlotte. Wheres the gun show?

Tim :)

Beretta hi-caps are readily available and relatively cheap. I'd buy a used hi-cap over any other aftermarket mag. You can pick up used ones in good shape for as low as 30 bucks apiece. Or, you can find new ones for around 50. In my opinion, they are some of the best made mags, bar none.

Special Edition M-9

The 92FS is going to be my next pistol purchase as well, probably in a few months. What made you choose stainless? I'm still thinking about getting the special edition M-9 that they put out last year, or the year prior. Only problem is it seems to almost double the price of the gun.

Does anyone know a price for a chrome-lined 92 barrel?

La perte des armes est la fin de la liberte.

Thanks for all the great responses. I appreciate it. I will look around the show and then take it from there. Glad to know there are some other good sources out there if I come up empty handed at the show. In response to Plastic Sigs question, the Metrolina Gun and Knife Show is this weekend (Feb. 10 &11) at the Charlotte Metrolina Expo Center (I-77 exit 16-A Sunset Rd). They come around about four times a year. In response to Adventurer 96, I bought the basic blue 92FS. Right now I am going to use it for fun plinking. Eventually I might have it smithed into a Bullseye ball gun so I can shoot leg matches once in awhile. Currently, I shoot conventional pistol with a M41 for the .22 match and a .45 wad gun for center fire and .45 matches. Both with UltraDots. Thanks again to everyone for all the help! Art G.

just to put your mind at rest, mecgar is OEM for the berretta "factory" mags...as well as most "name brand" european gun manufacturers including berretta, sig, walther...

Back