• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Hats Off to the Moderators!

CDH

I've looked through a LOT of different forums that deal with many different topics (I'm not just a gun-nut, you see ;) ), and in most, the moderators are either little Hitlers on a power trip, or they don't moderate at all to where the forum becomes nothing more than an "after-school fight in the playground" among participants.

But I have to weigh in here and say that in all the threads I've seen closed among the different forum topics here in TFL, you mods seem to have a really good handle on what's good and what's not.
It always seems that you let people hang themselves with at least two posts beyond where you could close it to make sure that the thread is already dead before you bury it.

I've moderated other forums myself and I know how much time you can spend doing your (highly unpaid) "job", so I thought it would be appropriate of me to simply say Thank You for helping to keep TFL held up to a much higher standard than many other forums of this type.

Carter

I agree, its nice as well that they will participate in a conversation and not always just put down others users. I think the mods here are pretty well rounded as forums go. :)

I agree. This site seems to have excellent moderation. It is not an easy thing to do, but TFL mods seem to strike an admirable balance.

I agree.
This really is the "leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts" IMO thanks to the mods.
However, I would like to see a non firearms related section on TFL.
A non moderated section might also be an interesting experiment.
But this aint my website so, good job and thank you.

Back