Has anyone tried to order ammo lately?

cornered rat

I have tried three places (AIM, JG Sales, Kielser) and have received no response (email). Do you think they are swamped and the orders are on their way or...?

------------------
Cornered Rat
ddb.com/RKBA Updated March 20
"Disarm, then past the barbed wire, into the oven and out of the smoke-stack..."

Probably just swamped. I just received my order from Geogia Arms, took almost 5 weeks to get it. Yuk!

GA was in the process of filling back orders on a bunch of different ammo due the the phenomenal growth of the business and new offerings. I ordered 1000 rounds of .308 match from them last week. Recieved it in 3 days.
Rich

I'm experiencing the same thing. J&G Sales in Prescott, a very big distributor of Federal ammo, says they'll have almost NO Federal until June. Explanation? The fellow said 'Y2K'.

I'm seeing slow responses from other firms as well. Considering Y2K (real or not), school shootings, and the fervent, nearly-psychotic anti-self defense climate, buying ammunition early may be wise.

I ordered 500 rounds of IMI .223 from sportsmans guide and recieved it in four days.

------------------
"Not all those who wander are lost."

Cheaper than Dirt came through for me in about two weeks, and they expected it to talk longer (1000 rds 9mm and 1000 rds .45 and some accessories).
Cascade Ammo in Oregon imported some CAVIM 7.62 NATO for me in about 6 weeks.
It's only going to take longer to get ammo the rest of the year.

------------------
Live Free or Die

Time to order that Dillion... :)

Cheaper than Dirt has been backordered on .45 for a few weeks. But the S&B stuff is available again. My local range just matched CTD's price on the same ammo.

------------------
Bubba
IDPA# A04739

I had on order for .223 match - it was in my hands the next day.

I didn't want it FedEx'd over night - but I didn't payfor it either - so it was cool.

------------------
SICK AND TIRED OF...

Back