Has anyone tried out the new Vektor CP1?

Miss Demeanors

I just got my American Guardian magazine :) and there is a picture of this Vektor CP1 9MM. It looks sooooooo nice! Just wondering if anyone has tried it, and how is it? Is it small?

How about this cute little chubby Beretta stainless Tomcat? Hows that? :)

*Miss D going thru withdrawls again* :)

------------------
My-website
We are as one as we all are the same fighting for one cause -Metallica

Umm, haven't tried the Vektor yet, but I'll give my bro-in-law a call, he got one. It's kinda neat looking, in a weird sort of way, and the construction looks solid & the action seems okay...

Miss D,

The Vektor CP1 is a pretty nice shooter, but there are problems with it. PITA break-in period, extremely limited life (on the order of 5K rounds) and weird safety. It's about the same size as a Glock 19, but curvier. I don't think anyone makes a good rig for it. For the price, I'd say skip it.

The Tomcat has its problems as well. The trigger pull is extremely hard, and everyone I've talked to who has one has broken firing pins. The sights are, IMHO, lame.

HTH. :)

------------------
"The evils of tyranny are rarely seen but by him who resists it."
-- John Hay, 1872

HTH = Hope This Helps.

------------------
"The evils of tyranny are rarely seen but by him who resists it."
-- John Hay, 1872

I just read a good article on this little pistol. It looks like a cool gun, but it does seem to have a ton of problems. It uses a gas blowback system that has to be cleaned every 200 rounds or so after the break-in period. During the break-in period they recommend that the system be cleaned even more often. If the system gets dirty, you cannot disassemble the gun. If you cannot disassemble the gun, you cannot clean the system. (Catch 22)

Also, the estimated life span of this gun is about 8,000 rounds. If you practice with the gun you carry (like you should) you could go through this much in just a couple of years. The price of the thing is not that much less than a nice used Sig.

I liked the looks of the thing too, but Form should follow Function. This pistol was designed the other way around.

------------------
RKBA!

"The people have the right to bear arms for their defense and security"
Ohio Constitution, Article I, Section 4
Concealed Carry is illegal in Ohio.
Ohioans for Concealed Carry Website

Back