Has anyone shot over 10000 round out of a DSA fal?

BLITZKRIEG

I have heard that DSA recievers are not hardened properly and want to know how the reciever held up past 10000 rounds.

I only have about 400-500 through my DSA receiver, but things seem okay so far.

That's strange that you say that. I've always heard that the Enterprise receivers were bad. One guy had worked as a smith at their plant in Irwindale (which happens to be right next to a gigantic Miller brewery). This is further backed up by several local smiths charging an extra $25 to barrel an Enterprise receiver. DSA and Imbel were the same price.

I agree that DSA are better than enterprise but I was talking to a guy who used to work for DSA and he said they arent hardened properly. He said that a Mil spec fal reciever is expected to last 100000 rounds while he thought the DSA would probably only last 10000.

This makes me angry because I was just about to buy a DSA reciever and you cant get a milspec type 1. Im might have to settle with the looks of the Imbel reciever.

If I had to do it again, I'd probably go with the Imbel. With FN liscencing, there's no, "pretty close" involved. The lightening cuts sure look nice, but not at the expense of possible problems.

Back