Has anyone ordered grip adapter from Tyler?

Lavan

I sent in an order and would like to find out if it is being shipped.

It is paid for and the check was cashed, but I must not have the correct contact info as I have tried email and phone for a few days and can't get response.

Does anyone have a recent contact for Tyler Mfg?

I've been trying:

tylermfg@gmail.com
and
405-625-4992

Any info appreciated. :confused:

I haven't had direct contact with them since Melvin was alive (20/30 years ago?) but they've always been slow and uncommunicative. Expect to wait one to six months. They are a very small family-run company and I think the grip business is just a sideline with them. Do a search about Tyler T's CS. I always get my Tyler Ts aftermarket.

Well, ain't that a peachy recommendation?

I do NOT want to take it to the "official" level.

Not YET anyhow.

But DAMMIT! :mad:

If it wasn't for an old model Colt Det Spl and if I'd taken one in CHROME, I could already have it. Seconday market on OLD model Colts is very very thin.

I feel your frustration. I received one about four months ago. I think it took about three months for such an insignificant item.

It just showed up one day after I had just about written it off. Can't say I think it is of great quality. The left side of mine is slightly marred and no amount of polishing seems to help. Guess I will just spay paint it. I am not going to risk sending it back. LOL

Yeah, Pachmeyr used to sell those. I've got one with a broken 'clip' I think is for a S&W K or N frame. For whatever reason, and I don't know if it was throughout thier total production cycle- but they had copper clips, and did have "Pachmeyr" stamped on one side of the hard plastic. They don't turn up too often any more, and I don't know when they quit making them- but I wish they still did.

I wonder how many emails it would take to them, Hogue, or somebody to get them to start making such a critter again?

Some of what Tyler makes is skating on lawsuit.
Trigger shoes!
Grip adapters wouldn't be worth starting a company but it's apparently good enough to keep if only to annoy and frustrate customers.:mad:

I hope there's some payback for this but probably not.

Not recently, but I've ordered probably half a dozen t-grips over the past 4 years or so and never had to wait more than about 4 - 6 weeks. These were for S&W k and j frames, so they more than likely make those grips on a more regular basis.

Got an apologetic letter from Tyler saying they planned to ship late this week.
I hope so.

I responded that customers get a little nuts when they can't get ANY contact afer sending an order.

We'll see. The apology sounded genuine.

ah yes.

My Tyler T grip for a round butt S&W K frame took 8 months from the time they received my USPS money order sent via "Priority Mail" till the the day I found it in my mail box. I, too, called several times and finally got to talk to a live human being, some guy named Dave. It didn't matter, because the litany of excuses that came out of that phone made my ears bleed. Needless to say, while I will buy Tyler T Grips off of the secondary market ( gunshows, gunshops, online auctions etc.) I will never order one through the manufacturer again. Gary

My latest email from the Oklahoma Better Business Bureau

oklahomacity.prw@bureaudata.com

Says that they can't even find an address so I sent them the one from Tyler's website. I think I had already provided that but anyhow, I did it again.

my last PHONE contact was 2 weeks ago from a PERSON.
He said they had floods, messes, wars, and whatever else he said.

Said he was sending it NEXT DAY. (2 weeks ago)

He also "said" that he had 500.... FIVE HUNDRED.... unfilled but paid for orders. So they were really really really really swamped.

However, the "next day" never came.

And now the BBB doesn't seem able to even locate them.

500 unfilled $35 orders is $17,500 of customer money they are sitting on.

This is so wrong it's crazy.

It also appears that I'm just out the money and being jacked around.

And....if I can BELIEVE him, there are 500 others in the same lousy boat.

:mad:

Lavan, Tyler is one of the worst run businesses in America but you WILL eventually get your product. Been that way for decades and all my S&Ws wear T-Grips. I know you're upset, and I don't blame you, but the best thing to do is just chill and not expect it to arrive for a very long time.

Good things come to he who waits.

Same thing my lovely wife says.

Too bad they are like that.

But since ya can't even get hold of em for a refund OR a ship date (one that's TRUE) what else is there to do.

SOmeday...... maybe

Just one of the joys of dealing with Tyler. No sense in getting your panties all in a wad, it's not going to help. Just set back, take it easy, and you'll get what you ordered before too long.

However, there is another source. BK Grips. They're made out of some kind of resin, and they have two clips rather than the one that Tyler's have. They cost about the same as Tyler's but the one time I ordered a couple, I got them in a week or so.

http://bkgrips.com/

I honestly can't tell them from a Tyler's on the gun, either by sight or feel.

Also, you can order from BK online, and pay by CC.

Now, I haven't ordered any in a year or so, but since the website is still up, so I guess they're still making them.

Don't need any more.
I have had a set on my M36 for 20 years.

Just got a Colt and the Colt needs em more than the Smith.

colt_det_spl_1.jpg

Back