Has Anyone Heard of a Franklin Arms AR?

wooofad

Inactive
Hi everyone. I finally have the money to get an NFA gun, and I am considering an AR. One dealer said that a local seller has a cast reciever Franklin Arms AR converted by Bushmaster. Has anyone heard of Franklin arms? Im a little concerned about the cast reciever. Does 10k sound above market? Also, what should I look for to make sure the gun is in good condition? :D

I have never heard of Franklin Arms, nor has Google. Bushmaster ususally did conversions on Sendra or Frankfort Arsenal receivers.

Things to check for. Make sure magaznes go in/out easily. If possible try putting a std. current production upper on and see if the push pins line up correctly.

Check carefully for any cracks forming. The trigger and hammer pin holes should be round and tight, take off the upper and cock and release slowly by hand the hammer back and forth. Watch the hammer pins, they should not rotate with the hammer, not uncommon that they do but it indicates some hole wear in the receiver holes if they do not remain stationary while the hammer pivots. Check the tabs on the receiver where the trigger guard pivot pin goes through. Some goobers crack these when changing the trigger guard.

10K is about right for any of the Clone guns now. If the receiver is cast and ugly I think you could probably fine a forged no name conversion receiver off the web for similar money.

Thanks for the helpful comments David. What is the reputation/general experience with cast Frankfort Arsenal recievers? It seems like the wise thing to do would be to go for a forged reciever gun for a similar price.

I would go for a forged receiver, myself. At $10k, you're not getting a screaming deal.

Bushmaster ususally did conversions on Sendra or Frankfort Arsenal receivers.
Mine is a Sendra converted by Bushmaster.
Did Frankford Arsenal exist back then, or just Frankfort?

$10k is a little on the high side for that gun, about $1k actually, unless it has a higher-end upper that comes with.

Back