Has anyone ever heard of US Law Shield?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coyotewsm

Just came from a local gun show and ran across the people advertising the US Law Shield. They offer you a membership for 10.95 a month to where of you ever use your firearm you will be provided a lawyer for the civil and criminal free of charge. It sounded like a pretty good deal so I signed up just wondering if anyone else has heard of them.

So lprmcnit, you don't have car insurance, home insurance, or health insurance? All prepaid/preneed services. Still I agree I'd be skeptical of legal insurance. Just read the fine print and know what you're paying for. Public defenders are also provided free of charge, knowwhutimean?

Public defenders usually aren't of the greatest caliber.
Exactly my point about knowing what you are paying for! Who's to say your 'free of charge' lawyer isn't "just" a public defender? (no offense to PDs, I'm sure there are some good ones, but I agree the general reputation isn't good)

https://www.uslawshield.com/
Prepaid/pre-need services like car insurance? Don't exactly disagree with you though. $10.95 a month sounds way to cheap.
Public defenders are called Legal Aid up here. Mismanaged by the Law Society. So badly run you'll, now, only be eligible if your facing jail time. Regular, experienced, privately practicing, lawyers who agree to work for the set fee.

I remember when I got my CHL (Tx), the instructor really pushed the Tx Law Shield on our class. Out of about 13 people, I was the only one who did not sign up for it. Although he wouldn't admit it, I believe he was getting some kind of kickback for signing up clients.

I figure the odds of me being involved in a SD shooting are probably a million to one. I'm not going to pay for something that hasn't happened, or isn't likely to happen. God forbid if I ever was in that situation, I would want to choose my own attorney. Not an assigned low bid attorney from a prepaid outfit.

I am very leery of these types of plans. You really don't know what you will be getting, should you ever need it. How good would the attorney be? What would actually be covered? Who knows?

I havent checked into it but I will. Our instructor for the concealed class did recommend looking into liability insurance coverage against a civil or criminal suit. I've checked into adding through my homeowners policy but haven't heard back from my agent. U.S.C.C.A. Also offers liability insurance for this - starts at $13 per month for $300,000 covg up to $30 per month for $1.1 million covg. https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back