Harley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps the forum could be of more help if you could be bothered to explain what you need help with.
Apparantly besides yourself, no one here that I know of can read minds very well.
Also, these are civilized forums here at TFL, so a little courtesy is to be expected please.

I was just trying to get a little info, but it seems you don't think you can make any money off me, so you tell me to go see a gunsmith . Ya that was real friendly, THANKS

Well, let's see, Breechplug; you have a total of 6 posts in your two weeks here. In your first post, you asked about an older Ithaca shotgun and got one reply, which was not from Harley. Two others involved a poll on pistols or revolvers and a shoulder holster, neither of which contained a question to, or response from Harley. The other 50% of your posts are bombing Harley for something that no one here, including Harley, knows what you're talking about :confused: . Care to elaborate... in a courteous way???

Ithaca stot gun

I have an antique double barrel shotgun, I don't know weather to have it redone or what it is or how old it is, the only thing it says on it are on the
barrels - smokeless powder steel, and on the reciever it says Ithaca Hammerless. hope you can tell me something thanks.

I am by no means an expert but I have been following this section of TFL for some time. If you look through the posts you will find that alot of people post questions which are vague. When asked for clairification so an accurate answer can be given, there is no response (ever).

You read above post (I think we are all assuming you are refering to). This is similar to saying:

I have an antique car, I don't know weather to have it redone or what it is or how old it is, the only thing it says on it are on the fenders - 327, and on the deck lid it says Chevrolet Impala. Hope you can tell me something thanks.

???:rolleyes: ???

What do you want of these guys?

Try posting some pictures. Try describing ALL markings on the gun including the proof marks (sometimes found under the forearm).

Then ask a question!!! You have yet to ask a question!!!

I am sure the experts here are more than happy to help you but they can't read your mind.

Pipoman

Of course, you're right in all you say, but the point is, the one and only response he got was from Dfariswheel (who gave the best response he could, given the info presented), and NOT Harley! So my queston is, why is Harley the target of Breechplug's bombing run??? Well, Breechplug???

Breech Plug:

Well young man, I can say that freely, because I'm over 70 yrs old, and judging from your responses you are considerably younger than that. I apologise that we were not able to provide you with the answere you wanted, but then again, we didn't know what you wanted to hear. We provide facts and not just wanted answers.

Mr. Farisweel has provided sound information. I fail to see how he or anyone else from this forum could make money by the information provided. Judging from his response he was trying 1) to save your well being and possibly your life by recommending the gun smith. My father, bless his soul, lost his thumb two fingers, not to mention the broken wrist of his left hand, from firing an old dbl bbl without having it looked at by a gun smith. 2) The gun smith would have a "hands on" approach and see the gun and be able to determine what grade Ithaca you have, and if it was safe to shoot. We cannot. Therefore the general ranges of value and condition can only be presented here.

In my humble opinion and Judging from what you describe, (markings etc) you Itaca is a "plain Jane" utillity grade. If there was engraving of some sort, this would up the grade. As Fariswheel pointed out Ithaca made a wide variety of grades and without seeing the gun no one here can determine what you have.

Additionally: I present the same advice regarding the "Smith". AND DON'T SHOOT IT WITHOUT HAVING IT CHECKED.

In the future, pay attention to detail in requesting information and refrain from attacking those who respond to you. We can provide only the ans. to the information provided by the requester. Should actions like this persist we will have to take another avenue of approach.

Harley

I held my breath for all of two seconds.

More than enough, considering the ill manners presented by the original poster.

Breechplug, take Harleys advice. See a smith.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back