Happy Holidays (a little late)

Daren Thompson

Hi all
just got back from a trip to Montana, along the way was confronted with several problems.
The first is when traveling state to state, in places were haveing a loaded gun in the front of the car is trouble, what do U all do? some say better judged by 12 than carried by 6

The second is this is the holiday season and crooks probably know that travlers are carring valuables. The snow slowed me down and had to stay in hotel. After 3 trips to carry all of my rifles to my room the clerk looked at me funny, but said nothing.(Guns were in cases). I have had trouble with some hotels in the past, before I asked and was told no this time tired with snowed in roads, just did it. My question is what does every body else do?

Later
Daren

I usually don't ask. Just carry in with other luggage or if carrying a lot of gear will carry weapons in first as vehicle is vunerable.

For long guns, I made a dowel with 3 hooks (middle one up, end ones down). With a short length of cord I hang a long gun on each end hook and carry them in a suit bag. Nobody seems to know I have long guns amidst the clothing. I don't have as many long guns as you apparently carry.
Handguns I carry in "sample cases" (18"long, 8"wide, 12"high). Two or three cases hold all the handguns, ammo, caps, eye/ear protection, cleaning/toolkit, etc. I ever take with me.
I try to look boring. Nothing I have says, "Steal me first!"
Oh yes, and I "carry" my Star PD, 1911A1, or G34 all the time.
fal308,
Thanks for the tip in taking guns from the car to the room first. I never thought of that. You've changed the way I do things. Thanks again.

------------------

Back