Happy Birthday Samuel Colt

And here the only events I can claim are Lucille Ball's birthday, and the nuking of Hiroshima. Sigh.

------------------
Ignorance is takin' over,
We gotta take the power back.
--Rage Against The Machine

Happy Birthday to the inventor of interchangeable parts, standardization and the assembly line (it was NOT Henry Ford!)

What's been done to his company oughta be illegal though. I heard they even sold a statue off the top of the building to a collector. Colt used to make revolvers that came out of the factory with triggers that could compete the custom gunsmith stuff of today. Oh well, one more peice of American Heritage tossed on the scrapheap.

------------------
"Put a rifle in the hands of a Subject, and he immediately becomes a Citizen." -- Jeff Cooper

Coinneach, if it makes you feel any better, I share my birthday with Ronald (I was president!?) Reagan....

You should be PROUD of the fact you share the same birthday as Mr Reagan. He was without a doubt one of the BEST presidents this century!!!!

Ewok:

Ya, he was the President. Substantially better than any other President this century, although it's really close with Teddy Roosevelt. Who would you rather share a birthday with...F.D.R.?

Back