Hanned ConvertABAll. Anyone used this?

Mannlicher

I was reading about the Hanned ConvertABall die, that allows you to modify ball ammo for the 7.62 X 39.

http://www.hanned.com/cball3.html

The result, according to the maker, is a round that is now suitable for deer hunting. The improvment comes from cutting off the gilding metal tip, exposing the lead core, and creating a meplate that does the job.

This conversion to a hunting bullet from a ball round sounds like a great idea, since you cannot reload the mil surp stuff. The results are said to be much better on game than the Russian 'hollow point' rounds.

Have any of you guys tried this? I am wondering about accuracy, and effectivness.

Regards,

Is the rear of the bullet open? As in, exposed lead?

During the interval between WW I and WW II, particularly during the Depression, guys cut off the tips of GI Ball .30-'06 ammo to make hunting ammo. This often allowed the lead to blow out, and the jacket remained in the barrel. The next shot ruined the barrel--and sometimes worse.

Art

Mann,I use one on the 7.62x39 and the 6.5x55 Swede,The only thing i have tried them on are hogs,They do seem to put them down a little quicker then soft points in those rounds,and by using the Hanned they do come out nice and flat.

Back