Handled an HS 2000

I handled an HS 2000 today. I was really impressed with it. The salesman that showed it to me is a Glock armorer and he couldn't say enough good things about the HS. It had some cool features and was definitely priced right. Has anyone fired this gun extensively? If so how did it handle; was it accurate and reliable? I'm a little leary of imported pistols from companies that I'm not familiar with (remember the Vektor?). If this subject has been covered before then my apologies. If it hasn't thanks in advance for any info.

I have fired one, but not extensively. The one I fired was completely reliable with Winchester 115 and 124 grain ball ammunition. That was all the owner of the pistol had with her. I only fired 20 rounds, but she had a total of 200 rounds with her that were fired that day. We didn't have an "official" 25 yard target to measure accuracy with. We one gallon plastic jugs and aluminum cans that day. I can tell you that the targets we had with us didn't make it out alive.;)

The HS2000 is a very decent buy for the money, probably the best deal dollar for dollar out there right now. I picked one up a while ago, and have since put a few hundred rounds through it without any kind of problem. It is a very accurate and mild-shooting pistol; I can make one ragged hole with 50 rounds at 7 yards with it.

I wrote a review a while ago, which you can read here, if you're interested.

They sell extremely well, and I have yet to hear a bad thing about them from any of the HS2000 owners I've talked to. Best of all, they go for $299 in this neck of the woods, which is a great deal for a pistol of that quality.

Hey, Glock started out as an unknown import as well. Sometimes you bet on an underdog and win, and then you get bragging rights for having bought one before everyone jumped on the train. :)

I saw one last week at a shop. Put a Glock 19 on top of it to compare. The grip is a little bit longer and seems to be a bit wider too. Slide seems to be the same.
I'm gonna wait till they make a compact version or should that be subcompact? The G19 is called a compact.

Damn, I JUST posted a thread about this very thing!! What timing!!
Disregard the other thread about this weapon! Sorry!

I've shot over 500 rounds in my HS2000 so far. Great Gun + Low Price = Great Value.
For the record, the gun is not a new design as I keep hearing in other threads. The Croatian Military and Police have carried this as their official sidearm for a few years now. There was an HS95. The HS2000 is a modified version of the HS95.

As far as Winchester ammo goes, us members at HS2000talk.com have come to realize that after a few hundred rounds, the HS 2000 doesn't like Winchester Bulk ammo. If you decide to get one, don't use the Winchester Bulk ammo. Everything else seems to be working flawlessly.

One more thing to add. HS America has some of the best customer service that I have seen. My gun didn't come with an owners manual or the safety cd-rom. I called them up. A couple days later, it arrived in the mail. If you want to know more about this pistol, go to: http://www.hs2000talk.com or http://www.hsarms.com

Back