handguns for people with medium hands -Friend needs advice

Wouldn't even know where to begin with helping you on that one, boss. I'd suggest going down to your local gun store and putting hands on as many of them as you can.

Here's ten that should do, in no particular order:

1. Any S&W J-frame 38 spl
2. Kel-Tec PF-9 9mm
3. 1911 with flat MSH and slim grips 3" barrel 9mm or 45 ACP
4. Walther PPK 32 ACP
5. Makarov PM 9mm Mak
6. Sig P238 .380 ACP
7. Ruger LCP .380 ACP
8. Sig P239 9mm
9. Walther PPS 9mm
10. Kahr PM9

Good luck.

small hands

Absolutely go to a gun store and HOLD small frame handsguns as Tex suggested. Also, what is the main purpose for having the gun?

HK P2000, HK P30 both and HK45C. Beretta Storm. I have smallish hands and the Beretta 92FS grip is fine for me. I can't explain it but the contour hits me just right, unlike the HKUSP which is just too big for my hand. Many good suggestions on this thread. It is really a must to go to a large gun show or to various shops and handle them.

Colt .380 Auto Govt Model, or Mustang

Ruger GP-100 with the old small "Letts" grips that came standard on their fixed sight models...3" fixed sight is a good carry for some people...

Went over this one with the wife, albeit - she has small hands - go handle some guns. Lots of them. We went all over the spectrum with her and it was quite surprising where we ended up.

"medium hands" can go a long way into many firearm territories. But I would think that there are very few out there that would not functionally fit. but COMFORTABLE fit is a whole other realm, and one that cannot be ascertained until you actually have the handgun in your grip.

Small to medium hands -
1. 1911 with the short trigger and thin grips. Also look for high grip safety.
2. Kahr - K9, P9, CW9.
3. SA XDm.
4. Sig P239, 225
5. Gen 4 glock

Make sure to pay attention to proper grip and trigger reach when trying pistols out for size.
What is the main purpose for the pistol?

Re: handguns for people with medium hands -Friend needs advise

I have small to medium size hands. I purchased a Sig P229 extreme with the short trigger and it fits me perfect.

For people with small hands, I really recommend the following:

Small very concealable guns:
Bersa thunder 380
Kahr CW9
Ruger LC9
Walther PPS
High quality 38 snubs (J-frame and Ruger LCR)

Full size guns that fit small hands:
Browning Hi Power
Smith Wesson 39- series 9mm
Smith Wesson k-frame revolvers
CZ-75B
Ruger SR-9/SR-40

I HAVE MEDIUM SIZED HANDS !!! In sixty years of shooting there is NO revolver or autoloading pistol I could not or cannot handle, PERIOD.

I agree with Wil Terry,

I don't know what the OP meant by the phrase "medium hands". If you fit into a Men's size medium glove, then guess what? the vast majority of handguns are designed to fit you.

I assume the OP was actually talking about small-ish hands, otherwise there would be no reason to even ask the question.

Kind of funny that so many responses to "Please name all good ones" list just one pistol. The real answer is: darn near everything being currently manufactured is going to be OK for a medium-sized hand.

Everybody's understanding of what constitutes a medium-sized hand is going to be a little bit different. Nothing beats putting the weapon into your hand and seeing how it fits. We can arbitrarily recommend guns all we like, but it's only going to matter to him.

Go to your local gun store. Tell them your chief concern is ergonomics and they'll show you every gun in the store. Their job is to sell you a gun. The good ones will put some care into what they sell you, and might even make recommendations once they actually see your hands.

Don't leave with a gun if the ergonomics don't feel right to you. In the end, you're the one who loses if you do that.

Back