Handgunlaw.us Needs Assistance on Permit/License Statistics

Gary Slider

The National Shooting Sports Foundation, Inc. contacted me wanting info on the number of Permit/Licenses issued by state. Handgunlaw.us does not have that info. I am wanting to assist him in finding this info and you are the best source available. If you could post a link to your states Statistics on the number of permits/licenses issued I will assemble them and pass them on to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, Inc. I will also keep this list and most likely post it on handgunlaw.us as I get many questions about this subject.

If you could just post a link to the statistics in your state or any you know it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for helping out.

Thanks everyone for your help. I have collected links to statistics for 20 states. I have sent them on to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, Inc.. They have already thanked me once. The Thanks goes to all of you Other states collect this info and send it on to their legislators but I will bet many don't put the info online. I have been seardhing also. Again Thank you for your assistance.

Gary, I took your DOC file and converted it to a PDF and attached it to this message.

FYI, the Idaho State Police do not keep any statistics on CWP holders. :( To get that info, one would have to contact each individual County Sheriffs office. Having had prior experience doing this type of research (for another subject), it would take a year to a year and a half for the results. Said results would be out of date by then.

Attachments

Antipitas,

Thanks for converting the file. I can't convert them and keep the links. I use the free version. (Retired and Cheap. HA HA) I just send Steve Doc files and he converts them. That is why I had to post the Doc file.

I think many states don't keep the statistics on the internet. They are stashed away somewhere and they really don't even think about them. Especially when the local Sheriff's etc issue them.

Back