Handgun/Revolver laws

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullethole1

Whats wrong with a regular citizen having their firearm in a belt holster? I think the government needs to pass a law that allows this because I dont see nothing wrong with it.

If you're talking about open, rather than concealed carry, then several states already allow that. My home state of Indiana allows open carry as no distinction is made between open and concealed carry (we simply have a "License to Carry a Handgun"). Many other states even allow open carry without a license, but require one for CC. Other states still ban OC all together. Like CC, it's really a state-by-state thing.

Arizona has had open carry legal since we became a state, 99 years ago. We are now a Constitutional Carry state, open or concealed, no permit required. And the last thing we need is a federal law saying it's OK...anything the government gives you permission for is no longer a right, but a privilege. We need more states to recognize the right to carry, which is coming as the Heller and MacDonald decisions are being applied.

I spent a week in Texas just over a year ago, hanging out with some politically active conservatives.

Their opinion was that open carry was wrong for Texas, because if somebody with the wrong skin color did so it would cause a major freakout.

I assure you, that was actually their opinion.

Sigh.

Their opinion was that open carry was wrong for Texas, because if somebody with the wrong skin color did so it would cause a major freakout.

That is sad I always thought that we as a society would outgrow this crap in my lifetime, but the older I get the less faith I have. I guess the bottom line is ignorant people raise ignorant kids and perverted values go on. While there are valid issue on both sides of the open carry debate race is absolutely not one of them.

Also, wanted to add you can open carry in Georgia - Y'all come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back