Handgun Hunting Minimum Battery

mowgli

Inactive
OK,

I was visiting my community's copy of Sixguns by Keith in the local library and pulled the next book over off the shelf. It was a Handgun Hunting Annual from a few years back.

In one of the articles, the author listed a four handgun battery which would accomplish every hunting task in the US. (He may have said the world, as I don't remember if that was the article with the guy holding a Contender over a dead elephant--that is the first thing I do after winning the lottery!)

I don't have his list, I will stop by the library after work and write it down. This did, however, get me thinking.

What I would like to know is your 4 choices.

[This message has been edited by mowgli (edited July 17, 2000).]

I dunno about handguns so much, but for my only 4 guns, if that's all I could have would be a tough decision, I'd have to sell some of my guns, and I've never sold a gun yet.
.375 H&H Mag in remington 700 BDL for anything from Deer on up to Brown Bear or Elephant.
6mm in a remington 600 for varmints on up to deer.
12 guage pump for birds and some small game.
.22 Ruger MKII semi-auto pistol, for small game, usually close shots, cuz I wouldn't wanna live if I couldn't have a side arm.

Using just four guns I'd have to do alot of reloading and re-sighting in, for different game and bullet weights.

[This message has been edited by BadMedicine (edited July 17, 2000).]

My 4" 629. A 7.5" scoped hunter version of the Ruger Redhawk in 44 mag. A Bowen Ruger Bisley in .475 and a TC Contender in 6.5 JDJ.

I already have all I need. 6 1/2" Ruger Super Single Six, 6" Colt Python and 9" Ruger Super Redhawk.

Back