Handgun and Urban Rifle courses offered in Utah

bobwest

The following courses offered by Chuck Hinson of West Jordan Utah have been scheduled:

Level I Handgun - Fri Oct 12 2001 at 9AM. $85
Level I Handgun - Fri Oct 19 2001 at 9AM. $85
Level II Handgun - Sat Oct 27 2001 at 9AM. $85
Level I Handgun is a pre-requisite for Level II handgun.
Indoor range in Lindon Utah just off I-15 exit 276
Equipment required: practical handgun (.38 cal or greater) with suitable holster, at least two extra mags (clips, etc.), 300 rounds ammo, flashlight, eye/ear protection and baseball cap.
You will learn the safe and effective defensive use of the handgun, including stance, draw, aim, and hitting the target.

Level I Urban Rifle - Sat 10 Nov 2001 at 9AM. $85
Level I Handgun is a pre-requisite for Level I Urban Rifle.
Outdoor range at the FARM facility past Cedar Fort & Fairfield. Exact directions later.
Equipment required: above-mentioned handgun gear with 100 rounds ammo, plus sling-equipped urban rifle, at least two extra mags and 300 rounds ammo.
Suitable rifles include: AR-15 series, AK series, SKS, M96, FN-FAL, H&K 91/93, M1A, etc. It has been experienced that commercial-grade rifles (ie, non-military patterns) like the mini-14, Remington pumps, etc do not reliably function when put through the high-capacity demands of the course.
This is a valuable course which trains you in the safe and effective use of the rifle, including shooting platforms (stances), rifle presentation from slung position, aim, and hitting the target.

I have known Chuck for over 15 years. He is a well-known state-certified competent instructor who also teaches CCW courses. He's adept at teaching females; you are especially invited to participate. These courses would be valuable preparation for intermediate and advanced handgun and rifle courses taught by such nationally-known instructors as Dennis Tueller, John & Vickie Farnam, Clint Smith, and others. As these courses are locally offered at the FARM facility, I will post them here.

If you are interested in participating, please respond by email to:
Bob Westover <RNWestover@yahoo.com>

I'm interested but the time is too soon. Any way to get more advanced notice of these classes? Does he offer them often?

Back