hand to hand combat (or a hit gone right)

What an awesome story of survival. Glad she came out on top and that the sorry excuse for a hit man and husband got what they deserved. I can't believe he went with a hammer! I'm sure he severely underestimated her will to survive and being high on cocaine didn't help.

The only difference between a professional and n amateur is that a professional gets paid for it. Doesn't mean they're any good at it.

That is a good article! Very inspiring that she faced her attacker and decided to attack him, and after 14 minutes of fighting she prevailed. Noteworthy that she now practices shooting at a range so she will be armed and ready should another attack ever happen.

We want to have the best equipment available to stack the odds in our favor, but sometimes it is "doing what needs doing" even if it seems bleak for our own survival. While fighting she also though of ways to help identify her attacker if she was killed, by biting him multiple times, and trying to get ID out of his pocket to throw under the sofa. Amazing awareness and determination in the face of bad odds. Glad she survived.

I know a man that was attacked by three men armed with a knife......well the would-be victim took the man's knife away then completely severed his bicep with it.

"After that they didn't want to fight anymore and I kept the knife." Police were not called.

The only mistake she made (other than not carrying a gun and being more proactive when her house seemed not the way she left it) was stopping the first time she had him down. Combat isn't an MMA fight, there isn't a referee that gets between you when you knock the other guy out, you stay on him until he is no longer a threat.

Last edited:
In The Ten Ring wrote:
...you stay on him until he is no longer a threat.

Once they are unconscious, they are no longer a threat. Continuing the use of deadly force beyond that point opens you up to criminal charges.

Once they are unconscious, they are no longer a threat. Continuing the use of deadly force beyond that point opens you up to criminal charges.

Looks like the bad guy here wasn't unconscious or didn't stay that way since he got up and attacked her again.

Once they are unconscious, they are no longer a threat.

They could be in a state of unconsciousness, for mere seconds if you let them go! You keep the choke on, till you hear and smell them, void.

Then you go with the nice paramedics to the Hospital. I think the choke hold was overkill? Did you see the blood from those claw hammer strikes?

With claw hammer strikes, you need real wrist strength, to free the claw.
One determined Lady.

when I used to teach anti-rape classes I had a student survive an attack. She kept her cool. When the man produced his penis she offered to perform oral sex on him. He agreed.
She bit it off. This was before all these blood borne illnesses we have now. But talk about mind set, tactics, and will to do anything to survive. The blood loss and shock was incredible.

The only difference between a professional and n amateur is that a professional gets paid for it. Doesn't mean they're any good at it.
That would depend on your definition of professional. Just because someone wants money for a job doesnt mean they are a professional.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Back